NCWLO Official Training and Test Requirements
The training portion of certification consists of 3 components:
- Online Training and Rules Tests
- In person classroom and field demo training
- Field Rating Session
- *Complete US Lacrosse Girls Lacrosse Rules Online Course (Go here)
- *Complete NFHS Rules Test with passing score (Go here) Adults
- *Complete US Lacrosse Youth Rules Test with passing score (Go here); Juniors and Adults
- *Complete US Lacrosse NFHS Rules Changes Webinar (Go here); Adults
One Time Requirement
- *Complete PCA Training, Honoring the Game: The Official's Role in Creating a Positive Youth Sports Culture (Go here) and then
- *Complete NFHS "Concussion in Sports Course" (Go here) and then
All Officials - New and Returning Adults and Juniors
Location: TBD, Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Exact time TBD
All junior officials and adults who wish to officiate youth games must compete this training. Officials must log on and participate in one session from personal computer or tablet. No smartphone or telephone call in option. (2.5 hours) AM and PM sessions will be available.
In registration particpants will choose one date.
To simplify the training dates we will now offer classroom training for all officials on this weekend. Exact date, time and location will vary by region. Officials are free to attend the location that works best for their schedule.
- Feb 8- Sonoma
- Feb 9- Menlo Park
- Feb 8- Oakland
- Feb 9- Sacramento
Field Rating Session
All Officials will need to attend a field rating session for the highest level game they wish to work for the upcoming season. Officials should plan for a minimum of 5 hours at any given field rating session. Officials will work a “live game” with a USL certified trainer. The “rating” utilizes a 2 page document that has all the skills that an official must be able to demonstrate during a game in order to work games without the supervision of a USL certified trainer.
- Feb 22 - Pleasanton (Juniors field test)
- Feb 22 - Petaluma (CIF Adults only field test) AM only
- Feb 22 - Davis (CIF adults only field test) AM or PM
- Feb 23 - Elk Grove (Juniors field test)
- Feb 23 - Petaluma (Juniors field test)
The conference is designed to prepare you for the upcoming season. Geared towards coaches, officials and program leaders, sessions covering offense and defense fundamentals, athlete development, rules interpretation, game management and organizational leadership will be offered.
* Attending the USL Western Regional Conference or the USL National Convention will satisfy the following official's annual classroom training requirements: Jan 19, Rules Interp. portion & Feb 8/9 Field demo sessions.